With 2019 winding down quickly to a close, it’s never too early to get on board with the latest fashion for babies leading the way in 2020. Fashion for babies changes season to season and year to year, just like adult fashions, and the latest projected trends for 2020 are already out on the market. For those looking for baby gift ideas, this is a failsafe way to ensure your gift is going to become a fast favourite for those expecting during the 2020 year. A few top baby fashion trends we’d like to highlight are:
• Gender neutral – Gender neutral fashion isn’t just big in the grown-up fashion world, it’s also one of the biggest trends hitting baby fashions in 2020. These simple pieces work equally well for little boys and little girls, and they’re particularly great for saving and setting aside once a little one grows out of them for growing families.
• Sporty style – While athleisure brings the sporty style to the grown-up fashion realm, little ones are enjoying their own sporty style picks for 2020. From the top down, we’re seeing baby fashions inspired by athletics.
• Keeping it boho and folky – Boho and folky styles are also seeing a huge resurgence in baby fashions for 2020. This free-spirited look has a particularly easy-going chic feel in baby wear, and we’re seeing these styles in both baby boy and baby girl fashions. Tribal inspired patterns, free-flowing fabrics, earthy neutral tones, and pom poms or varied textures are particularly popular.
• Shine bright in metallics – Of course you know just how bright your little one shines, but why not let everyone else know as well? Bright metallics are huge in 2020, decking baby fashions out in stand-out styles. These can be found in clothing, like bodysuits, shirts, dresses, and pants, or accessories. You can go with a touch of metallic, or go all out.
• Inspired by nature – Animal prints and nature-inspired styles are slated to be absolutely massive for 2020, and both for boys and girls. Unisex animal print and nature inspired styles bring a high fashion element with simple sleek cuts, while you allow the actual print to do all the talking. Like the metallics trend, we’re seeing entire outfits in animal prints with solid accessories, and we’re also seeing printed layering elements and accessories as well. One look we really love is layering nature inspired prints with staple baby basics.